Re: [gedit-list] Gedit Plugins - Unofficial Enhancement Proposal

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 10:16 -0200, Vinicius B. Fuentes wrote:
> I also agree with Trond Danielsen, btw, it would be nice to have (like
> NewStuffManager proposes) downloadable plugins directly from gedit,
> just like the GNOME-art program, so users could see that's easy to add
> new plugins and that there are cool plugins after all, it would fetch
> a list of plugins and with their description, author, it's web page,
> etc. It's all included in the gedit-plugin file

Well, it would require to have a plugin repository somewhere. And nobody
in the current gedit team has time to work on that, but feel free to
create one. Maybe Epiphany, Gnumeric, Rhythmbox and other plugin-enabled
softwares would be interested by such a thing too, but then you should
prolly ask to the NewStuffManager guy what he did/how it works.

Also keep in mind security, you can't download anything from anywhere
automatically...