Re: [gedit-list] Gedit / Gnome Love Suggestion

On mer, 2007-02-21 at 11:54 -0800, Bobby Jack wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've recently started posting to this list, and am
> keen to become involved in the open source community,
> focussing on gnome initially. As you may have (but
> probably haven't!) noticed, I'm interested in the
> general design and usability of gedit. As a developer
> by-day, however, I'm looking to get involved with the
> code, beyond the basic compiling from garnome / cvs.
>
> I've looked through bugzilla and read the gnome love
> pages and identified an area of gedit I'd like to work
> on. Unfortunately, I seem to be caught in a
> developer's bermuda triangle between the
> aforementioned compiling and the actual modification
> of code. A big problem, I think, is simply navigation
> of the codebase: I'm looking to find out how something
> is implemented, start in one source file, find it's
> maybe a global gnome issue, start wondering if it's
> actually a gtk issue, etc.

Hi Bobby,

	as Steve said feel free to drop by on irc, we are a bit busy in this
period, but if we are online we'll be more than happy to answer any
question.

This wiki page is a bit outdated, but it still contains some useful info
to get started on the gedit codebase:
http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/NewMdi/Internals

ciao