Re: [gedit-list] Switching of tabs with Ctrl+Tab and "internal recency list"

--- chuchi <jbarbero quiter com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In Eclipse if press <alt>+<left> you go to the
> previous document and fi
> you press <alt>+<right> you go to the next document.
> I think these are a
> good keys.

I take it that uses the concept of a 'recency list',
rather than just replicating the functionality of
CTRL+PGUP and CTRL+PGDN.

It looks like ALT+LEFT/RIGHT are already taken by
firefox, eclipse, and possibly others for 'back' /
'forward' operations. This seems like a very natural
fit, and I'm all for standard keyboard shortcuts
across gnome apps, so I'm afraid we'll probably have
to come up with an alternative.

> Why not we talk with the gtk developers to add this
> feature to the
> notebook control?? I think this feature is
> interesant for a lot of
> applications... Pehaps disabling by default and we
> can enable it in our
> applications.

Since CTRL+TAB and ALT+CURSORS are unavailable, what
about CTRL+CURSORS? I've scanned the default keyboard
shortcuts for gnome, and can't see these taken (not
that that's a guarantee, since ALT+CURSORS isn't
mentioned).
Is everyone in general agreement that a 'recency list'
for tab-switching would at least be a nice-to-have,
regardless of whether a keyboard shortcut can be
found?