Re: [gedit-list] Syntax highlighting

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 11:32 -0500, Angel Jimenez-Jimenez wrote:

> The main thing is syntax highlighting. I can’t find a way to link the
> syntax highlighting mode to a given extension (or a group of them). I
> also would like to create new highlighting modes for new file types.

This is not handled by gedit. You need to make the mime-type system
aware of your new filesystem. It's a freedesktop standard I don't have
the chance to know so I won't be of much help.

> The other thing I would like to configure is key bindings. For
> example, I have been using Alt+BackSpace for undo, and Alt+Shift
> +BackSpace for redo for many years. Is there a way I can configure
> that ?

You have to activate the editable shortcut keys in the gnome prefs for
menus and toolbars. Then you need to hover the menu item and hit the
shortcut you want to define. Hard to explain but damn handy ;-)