[gedit-list] Syntax highlighting

Hi.

I am using gedit as a programming editor for Ruby on Rails development on Ubuntu. It is almost perfect for my needs, but I am missing the ability to configure a few things.

The main thing is syntax highlighting. I can’t find a way to link the syntax highlighting mode to a given extension (or a group of them). I also would like to create new highlighting modes for new file types.

The other thing I would like to configure is key bindings. For example, I have been using Alt+BackSpace for undo, and Alt+Shift+BackSpace for redo for many years. Is there a way I can configure that?

Thanks in advance.

Angel Jimenez