Re: [gedit-list] Plug-in external command
- From: Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com>
- To: Alexis MARTINI <alexmartini free fr>
- Cc: gedit-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gedit-list] Plug-in external command
- Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:52:57 +0100
On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 09:33 +0100, Alexis MARTINI wrote:
> I use Gedit in order to make some Java programme training at home. I
> failled to configure it in order to run an external commande "javac
> CurrentFile.java" in order to compile in bytecode. How can I configure
> the commande to have the current file name added at the end?
You might find some more information in there:
<http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/ToolLauncherPlugin>. The variable you seem
to be looking for is $GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_PATH.
> Other point, there is a short cut "F8" displayed for this command, but
> it doesn't seems to work properly.
A few shortcuts won't work properly for the external tools. The reason
is yet to be investigated, and some code should be put to prevent one
using such a shortcut.
The common reasons why a shortcut doesn't work are those:
- it is grabbed by your window manager (for instance, compiz eats quite
a few of those Fx keys)
- it is used by the GtkTextView widget.
If you find the reason why your particular shortcut doesn't work, you
can send it here or open a bugzilla bug about it, we'd be glad :-)
PS. Please avoid sending mails as HTML.
] [Thread Prev