Re: [gedit-list] Plug-in external command

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 09:33 +0100, Alexis MARTINI wrote:
> I use Gedit in order to make some Java programme training at home. I
> failled to configure it in order to run an external commande "javac
> CurrentFile.java" in order to compile in bytecode. How can I configure
> the commande to have the current file name added at the end?

You might find some more information in there:
<http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/ToolLauncherPlugin>. The variable you seem
to be looking for is $GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_PATH.

> Other point, there is a short cut "F8" displayed for this command, but
> it doesn't seems to work properly.

A few shortcuts won't work properly for the external tools. The reason
is yet to be investigated, and some code should be put to prevent one
using such a shortcut.

The common reasons why a shortcut doesn't work are those:
 - it is grabbed by your window manager (for instance, compiz eats quite
   a few of those Fx keys)
 - it is used by the GtkTextView widget.

If you find the reason why your particular shortcut doesn't work, you
can send it here or open a bugzilla bug about it, we'd be glad :-)

Regards,

Steve

PS. Please avoid sending mails as HTML.