Re: [gedit-list] Question

Il giorno sab, 28/10/2006 alle 05.01 -0400, Regina Vagina ha scritto:
> Are there any plans for proper automatic indentation for languages such as
> C? As in I put a bracket in and it increases the indent or decreases it.
> instead of typing ctrl+t

It's been discussed many times and we sure would welcome work in that
area (be it in the form of a patch or a python plugin), but we do not
have time for doing it right now.

> Also does gEdit do anything Kate doesn't? I was going over their source size
> and gedit has over 32,000 SLOC vs Kates ~10-12,0000 and can't figure out
> what it has that kate doesn't.

It's an orange to apples comparison: afaik Kate is just the gui around a
KWrite library and gedit itself is split in gedit and gtksourceview. How
the functionality is split among the program and the libraries used is
different.

I do not know kate well enough to do a feature comparison between the
two.

ciao