[gedit-list] Documentation for syntax highlighting files?

Hi,

this is my first post to this list, so let me introduce myself -- I have been using Linux for many years already, but only now when I get into this new job (see my email address) I had to switched from my beloved KDE to that other DE.

To my biggest surprise the experience is so far not that bad as I expected ;-). However, there are bits (or sometimes pretty big blobs, but that's not the case with gedit) which are missing. So for example, I would love to have syntax highlighting for .spec files -- I haven't found any, so I would like to make .lang file for them (I created couple of syntax highlighting files for Kate, so I don't think it should be that difficult). However, I haven't found any documentation of their syntax. Can anybody point me to the one, please?

Thanks a lot,

Matěj