[gedit-list] File changed... could gedit tell us when a file changes?

Hi everyone,

Here's the scenario:  I'm working with other collegues.  One does some changes and tells me to svn update which I do.   The file which is already opened in Gedit does not update in the editor and no dialog box appears to let me know the file has changed on the hard drive.

Could there be an option in Gedit where an opened file automatically tells you if a change occured outside the editor?

--
Gary Haran