Re: [gedit-list] gedit with xming?

pardon my late reply. my phone has screwed up my mail setting.

an x server usually allows you to run application remotely . which means, gedit will need a linux box to run . alternatively, you could port gedit to windows ;)
---Original Message---
From:Zenobius Jiricek <airtonix internode on net>
Date:Thu, 02 Nov 2006 17:52:44 +1030
To:gedit-list gnome org
Subject: [gedit-list] gedit with xming?
Hi guys, im runnign a web development team.....love your editor to bits.

my network admin (laughable title since he doesn't know anything about
tcpip or firewalls) wants me to try and run gedit on windows.....ouch.

alas, i went searching for a opensource text -editor for windows that
matches your offerings....i found none.

I did how ever come across nedit, which propses its implementation on
windows via something called xming.
http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/

apparently its a x server for windows, my question is can i run gedit in
this enviroment? or would i need to bring in gtk somehow?

Regards Zenobius