Re: [gedit-list] Filebrowser Pane Plugin - in development

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 07:48 -0500, Kevin Kubasik wrote:
> I would love to offer what I can (mostly testing/small patches, I
> can't offer much in terms of gnome-vfs stuff, although I can read up)

Not much for docs for gnome-vfs, that has been one of my slow-downs.
Luckily there is a lot of good code out there to be used as an example.

> Just wanted to give this a shot and offer what I can. Why not add it
> to gedit/plugins in CVS and not include it in the default build ? (a
> simple --enable-filebrowse flag) It increases the likely hood of
> feedback exponentially, and as it is a feature in relatively high
> demand, I wouldn't be surprised if you get someone from ubuntu or one
> of those projects kicking back a little (in a positive sense).

It's up to the project maintainer, Paolo. I imagine when the code hits a
level of maturity on par with gedit he'll be happy to include it. For
now and for it's initial release I think I'll just host it and manage
patches, etc, using bazaar-ng. As I said in my original post this is a
new type of project for me so it is going to be a little slow because I
want it done right. If when there is an initial release some developer
with more time and backing wants to run the project I may turn it over
to them. But that seems like a big if.

David