Re: [gedit-list] Filebrowser Pane Plugin - in development

Kevin Kubasik wrote:
Hey, any word on when this code is going to be publicly available?

It's hard to say. I have a very long TODO list and I really can only work on this in the evenings after work. I'm going to move up the priority of doing the gedit tie-in so people can begin using it and reviewing the code. I'll then put it on the wiki.

Currently you can browse folders and double-click items to open them. That's pretty much it. The filters aren't working yet, but the infrastructure is there, I was just too tired on Friday to figure out why they weren't taking effect. Next will be the directory monitoring code, pretty much a copy from Marc Leyman's code, so it should be a snap.

After those I want to do the remote vfs stuff. I currently get access denied when trying to connect to an sftp site. I haven't seen much in the documentation so maybe someone can give some pointers. I figure the new gedit source will have what I need though.

After that will be menus, probably the menu bar ones, then the context menu for the tree view.

That's my basic plan. Did you want to help with anything?

Regards,
David