Re: [gedit-list] Filebrowser Pane Plugin - in development

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 10:07 +0100, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> Marcus Leyman wrote:
> > David,
> > look through the code and maybe you can find some useful stuff there for
> > your project. Good luck!

Hi Marcus. Thanks for the new version. There is tons of useful stuff in
your code. In fact, I was feeling a bit bad about how complicated I had
made some parts of my code after seeing yours. But it's a great learning
experience and now I have a more specific example to work from!

> Great!
>
> David, since from what I understood on irc you were not using async vfs
> calls, you can probably reuse Marcus code.

Yeah, and Marcus' vfs code fits into mine pretty well, so it should be
easy.

> One thing that I'd like to see done slightly differently from Marcus
> code (at which I only gave a *quick* look) is that the GeditFileTree
> should be  a gtk widget, in other words I'd like you to use GObject
> inheritance, so that things like
>
> gtk_container_add (my_box, GTK_WIDGET (file_tree))
>
>  are possible.
>
> Not sure if you do that already in your code.
> (This would also allow to bind the file tree to python)

Yes, I'm already doing that, extending GtkVBox.

David