Re: [gedit-list] Filebrowser Pane Plugin - in development

Marcus Leyman wrote:
Yeah, sorry for disappearing like that, i'm currently working around the
clock with other (job-related) stuff.
The filetree plugin i started at can be found at
http://www.leyman.nu/projectspace/
I just uploaded a clean copy of my working dir as 0.6.0.
It needs some basic file-handling and a spoon-full of (probably)
easy-to-do bug fixes. The code could definitely be cleaner though.

David, look through the code and maybe you can find some useful stuff there for
your project. Good luck!

Great!

David, since from what I understood on irc you were not using async vfs calls, you can probably reuse Marcus code.

One thing that I'd like to see done slightly differently from Marcus code (at which I only gave a *quick* look) is that the GeditFileTree should be a gtk widget, in other words I'd like you to use GObject inheritance, so that things like

gtk_container_add (my_box, GTK_WIDGET (file_tree))

are possible.

Not sure if you do that already in your code.

(This would also allow to bind the file tree to python)