[gedit-list] gedit user manual

Hi everyone

paolo mentioned on bugzilla that the gedit manual needs some attention.
I've been a member of the gnome documentation team for a while now, and I use gedit :) so I'd be happy to work on this.

I've checked out the source from CVS, and no changes have been made in a long time. But before I start, I have a few questions...

Is there anyone else working in this area that I should combine my efforts with?
Are there any areas of the manual you'd like me to concentrate on first?
Are you planning on making any more 2.14.x releases? -- in other words, are there any deadlines I should aim towards so we can get better docs into the 2.14 version? (and what's the branch name for that?)

I've taken a look at your roadmap on the wiki, and it seems there aren't major feature changes due for 2.16.
I'll be working from the 2.14 gedit that comes with Ubuntu Dapper. I can't compile from source, so if there's any 2.16 features you want me to look at I'll need either a binary, or someone who can *very* patiently walk me through jhbuild (which so far has always exploded at me, so be warned...)

cheers

Joachim