Re: [gedit-list] new generic class browser plugin

Op za, 15-07-2006 te 15:31 +1000, schreef John Pye:
> Hi,
>
> Just a thought on this general parser gizmo: maybe it would be worth
> looking at the OpenGrok project to see if the 'analyzers' they're
> building for that could be of any use. It's all Java, so might be too
> hard to integrate, but just a thought.
> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/opengrok/

I would rather see the ctags symbol parsers be put in a library so that
other applications (like gedit) can make use of them. Calling ctags and
parsing the output file doesn't feel right. Maybe we can put our hands
together and start making this general purpose symbol parser library?

I'm currently working on a filebrowser plugin and a projectmanager
following. It would be nice for instance to be able to show symbols for
all the files in the project, or simply for files displayed in the
filebrowser. There are lots of possibilities!