Re: [gedit-list] love gedit and the color feature - How do I contribute?

Il giorno ven, 01/12/2006 alle 05.47 -0700, Christopher Stevens ha
scritto:
> Hello,
> I'm a fan of gedit. While in my transition to Linux, gedit is the
> program I use the most as the color feature is helpful when creating
> php, html, css, and xml files. I would much like to see this program
> color my Flash actionscript files ( 1.0 and 2.0). I don't have Flash
> installed on a Linux of course, but I enjoy scripting while on the
> road away from my design machine. How would I get started in
> developing a plugin for this?

Hi Christopher,
	I am glad you like gedit.

You need to create a .lang file for gtksourceview. Unfortunately there
are not specific docs about it, however it's pretty easy: see your
/usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs directory, you need to add a
flash.lang file there which is a xml file describing what should be
highlighted. The syntax is fairly simple and even if there are no docs,
you should be able to look at the other lang files as examples.
Note that for your highlighting to be applied automatically (instead of
with the View->Highlighting Mode menu) you may need to register a proper
mime type for flash scripts with the mime system (if it doesn't exist
already).

ciao