[gedit-list] love gedit and the color feature - How do I contribute?

Hello,
I'm a fan of gedit. While in my transition to Linux, gedit is the program I use the most as the color feature is helpful when creating php, html, css, and xml files. I would much like to see this program color my Flash actionscript files ( 1.0 and 2.0). I don't have Flash installed on a Linux of course, but I enjoy scripting while on the road away from my design machine. How would I get started in developing a plugin for this?

Keep in mind that I am still a Linux idiot. With time though I will catch up :)

Thank  you,

--
Christopher Stevens