Re: [gedit-list] creating a new snippet language file

Joachim Noreiko wrote:
Hi.
I am trying to create a new set of snippets for
docbook.

I have created a file
/usr/share/gedit-2/plugins/snippets/docbook.xml

which is attached.

When I run gedit with debug output, I get this:
('Adding library (docbook):
/usr/share/gedit-2/plugins/snippets/docbook.xml',)

but there is no Docbook group shown in the Manage
Snippets dialog.

Actually, those groups are not linked to XML files, but to the language highlighting available.

I can't see what's wrong with the file, so all I can
think of is that it's not working because Gedit
doesn't recognize docbook as a filetype (eg for syntax
highlighting).

Yes, that's it. You might solve it by creating a .lang for docbook (or just simply copy the XML one) and link it to the docbook mimetype (I suppose there is one), with "docbook" as a name.

Otherwise, you can just put your new snippets in the XML group ;-)