[gedit-list] creating a new snippet language file

Hi.
I am trying to create a new set of snippets for
docbook.

I have created a file
/usr/share/gedit-2/plugins/snippets/docbook.xml

which is attached.

When I run gedit with debug output, I get this:
('Adding library (docbook):
/usr/share/gedit-2/plugins/snippets/docbook.xml',)

but there is no Docbook group shown in the Manage
Snippets dialog.

I can't see what's wrong with the file, so all I can
think of is that it's not working because Gedit
doesn't recognize docbook as a filetype (eg for syntax
highlighting).

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<snippets language="docbook">
  <snippet id="menuchoice">
    <text><![CDATA[&lt;menuchoice&gt;&lt;guimenu&gt; &lt;/guimenu&gt;&lt;guimenuitem&gt; &lt;/guimenuitem&gt;&lt;/menuchoice&gt;
]]></text>
    <tag>menu</tag>
    <description>menuchoice</description>
    <accelerator />