Re: [gedit-list] Any hope for an IDE?

Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:

>> What about an editable toolbar so that I can put Indent and Unindent on
>> the toolbar?
>
> This is a bit tricky since the Indent and Unindent are made available by
> a plugin. The plugin could add them to the toolbar, but I'm not sure
> that's needed (as they are also accessible through convenient
> accelerators, Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab).

ctrl+t and ctrl+shift+t in fact (and maybe just tab/shift+tab in next
release)

Replacing gedit's toolbar with an eggeditabletoolbar like epiphany's
would solve that problem, but it raises a few other tricky issues (maily
because eggeditabletoolbar is not a gtktoolbar subclass, and does not
implement a whole lot of the gtktoolbar api).

You can file a bug on bugzilla.gnome.org anyway ;-)