Re: [gedit-list] Plugins

Op ma, 24-04-2006 te 18:36 +0200, schreef Steve Fr�naux:
> Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:
>
> > It's more or less that I find myself scrolling through a list of plugins
> > in which a lot of plugins I don't want to use. This just clutters the
> > list for me. Maybe this is just a personal problem, but I think
> > categorization would solve this as I can just leave the categories I'm
> > not interested in collapsed. Defining good categories might be a problem
> > indeed, but I still think it's worth looking if the current plugins can
> > be split up in a clear way.
>
> I think it will be quite difficult. Just think of your proposed
> categories... I thing that many plugins will be present in both app dev
> and web dev... Maybe allow multiple categories ?

Maybe that would work, but Paolo doesn't seem to be happy with the
idea :) So I guess no categories for the moment.

> > Okay, I think this can go in gedit-plugins, but we need to ask Marcus
> > Lunzenauer and Steve Fr�naux.
>
> NP for me (the plugin was at first for testing the repo) but I don't
> know Marcus Lunzenauer's plugin and what it does.

The plugin adds accelerators for things like delete line, delete char,
delete to end of line, remove whitespace. It's the same kind of actions
as the join/split lines plugin.

> >  - Does gedit-plugins need a separate wiki (I created one for now, but
> > it generally contains the same information as already present on Gedit
> > at the moment) http://live.gnome.org/GeditPlugin
>
> Mh, I agree with Paolo on that particular point. The GeditPlugins page
> should stick on supported plugins, on how to get a plugin included, etc.

Okay, if it's okay I'll try to reorganize a bit.

> Then maybe we can do as ephy does : the ephy-extensions repo contains
> some "tools" related to plugin creations : samples, codegens, etc.

Do you think we need those? Basicly people writing plugins won't need
gedit-plugins. I think putting some docs and samples on the website
would be sufficient.

> mat did want to do it but he's waiting for the tree view plugin...

The tree view plugin is the same as the project plugin?

--
Jesse van den Kieboom

Visit: http://www.icecrew.nl