Re: [gedit-list] Plugins

Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:

It's more or less that I find myself scrolling through a list of plugins
in which a lot of plugins I don't want to use. This just clutters the
list for me. Maybe this is just a personal problem, but I think
categorization would solve this as I can just leave the categories I'm
not interested in collapsed. Defining good categories might be a problem
indeed, but I still think it's worth looking if the current plugins can
be split up in a clear way.

I think it will be quite difficult. Just think of your proposed categories... I thing that many plugins will be present in both app dev and web dev... Maybe allow multiple categories ?

- Merge join/split lines with the advanced editing plugin
http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/AdvancedEditingPlugin

Okay, I think this can go in gedit-plugins, but we need to ask Marcus
Lunzenauer and Steve Fr�naux.

NP for me (the plugin was at first for testing the repo) but I don't know Marcus Lunzenauer's plugin and what it does.

 - Does gedit-plugins need a separate wiki (I created one for now, but
it generally contains the same information as already present on Gedit
at the moment) http://live.gnome.org/GeditPlugin

Mh, I agree with Paolo on that particular point. The GeditPlugins page should stick on supported plugins, on how to get a plugin included, etc.

- Write a python plugin howto and create a generic python plugin
template

Then maybe we can do as ephy does : the ephy-extensions repo contains some "tools" related to plugin creations : samples, codegens, etc.

- Write a good cvs/svn plugin

mat did want to do it but he's waiting for the tree view plugin...