Re: [gedit-list] a question about gedit/gtksourceview

Hi Bj�nd Pablo,

> GtkSourceView is a seperate package which stores its languages specs in:
>
> /usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/
>
> You can just copy and modify one of the existing lang files. There is no
> need to recompile anything, I think restarting gEdit will be enough to
> have it appear in the highlighting submenu.

You should also be able to add .lang files in
~/.gnome2/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs

If your lua.lang file is good enough please attack it to a bugzilla
report. We will add it to gtksourceview package.
(The same for you Pablo with your still to be GNU Octave .lang file)

> I've added syntax highlighting for Lua this way. What I haven't been
> able to figure out it how to enable automatic selection of the Lua
> highlighting mode for the .lua extension. If somebody knows how to do
> this, I'm all ear.

You need to register a mime-type for Lua.
You could send a patch for gnome-mime-data.

Ciao,

Paolo Maggi                      E-mail: paolo DOT maggi AT polito DOT it
Dip. Automatica e Informatica    Tel.  : + 39 011 564 7078
Politecnico di Torino            Fax   : + 39 011 564 7099

A Bugless Program is an Abstract Theoretical Concept.