Re: [gedit-list] Saving CR/LF files

On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 19:12, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> What I was thinking was having a submenu (say Edit->Format) with 3 items
> (Unix, Mac, Windows). The three items would obviously be mutually
> exclusive (radio buttons). Selecting such a menu item would convert the
> current document.
>
> I'm not convinced that putting one more option into the save dialog is
> ideal, since I think it isn't a frequent operation, but of course I'm
> open to any discussion.
>
> Beside I'm still convinced that such a feature belongs in a plugin since
> most of the users would not need it and afaik currently plugins can only
> add menu items...

Thanks for the clarification - I can't agree more with your way to
solve this. Seems like the cleanest possible way to tackle this, and
makes a plugin seem an even more appropriate solution to it :-)
It would be a nice little extra for gEdit - although definitely not
mandatory. Maybe if someone skilled enough (with enough free time) comes
along...

Thanks again for explaining your thoughts - this is much more logical
than how I first interpreted your mail :-)

Ludootje

(P.S.: Sorry I don't volunteer for the job, but I simply lack the skills
to do it)