[gedit-list] Problem with spell-checker

Dear All

I have migrated from Kwrite to Gedit for text edition. However, there is something that I am not very satisfied regarding the spell-checker: the language and the spell-checker settings are lost whenever Gedit starts. To be more precise: if I select the French language and "autocheck spelling", when I start Gedit again, after having properly closed it, those selection are lost. Can one circumvent this inconvenience?

Thanks in advance,

Paul