Re: [gedit-list] Re: tools plugin -- request for comments

Hi Fekete,

On Ter, 2003-09-30 at 11:17, Fekete Gabor wrote:
>  >   These tools will be automatically associated with Ctrl+<N> shortcuts.
>  >   OTOH if a tool is not associated with a specific group it will be
>  >   always available.
>  >
> it would be great if tool groups could be selected automatically, e.g. by
> file type.

Look at IRC log that I've just send to ml, Paolo have suggested that
too.

The "problem" is if we have more than one tool associated with a
mime-type.  I didn't have much thought about this though, but its
something we can add on later revisions.

>  > - Capture output to:
>  >     - insert at cursor position
>  >     - insert in a new line above/bellow current line
>  >     - append to document
>
> do we need all of these? maybe "cursor position" is enough.

I think so, if we only have "cursor position", the user needs to make
sure the cursor is at start of line before using the tool.  well, this
is by no means a final ideia, we can change it later.

>  > - Working directory.
>
> and one should be able to pass the irectory of the active file.

Yes, it will be possible using $(file.directory) macro in the working
directory setting.

> unfortunately i did not see the mockup, because i read this mail on
> sourceforge.

You should look at it and send your suggestions! :)

> anyway, i think it'd be a good thing to have.

Me too :)

Regards,
Rui Lopes