[gedit-list] tabs suggestion

hi,

I think there should be a way of switching between tabs other than
Alt+num, because this is  a bit hard if one has a lot of files open.
Or if there was the number of the tab included in the tab itself it
would make easier to switch to the 7th tab with the keyboard.
Now i often have to count the tabs to switch to the proper one with
the keyboard.

When someone modifies a file gedit puts a little star after the name of
the file. I think it would be much better (more visible) to use
something else. E.g.: Write the filename with red color (or whatever color
that's easyly seen), or put an icon of a red dot infront of the filename.
I think the present way of showing the modification is not visible enough!

Maybe offtopic but is there a way to increase the cursor size, because
i very often find myself looking for the cursor on the screen. The
existing cursor is very thin (one pixel) in my opinion.

p.s.: i am not on the list!