[gedit-list] Re: tools plugin -- request for comments

 Hi Rui,

 >   These tools will be automatically associated with Ctrl+<N> shortcuts.
 >   OTOH if a tool is not associated with a specific group it will be
 >   always available.

it would be great if tool groups could be selected automatically, e.g. by
file type.

 > - Capture output to:
 >     - insert at cursor position
 >     - insert in a new line above/bellow current line
 >     - append to document

do we need all of these? maybe "cursor position" is enough.

 > - Working directory.

and one should be able to pass the irectory of the active file.

unfortunately i did not see the mockup, because i read this mail on
sourceforge.

anyway, i think it'd be a good thing to have.

by the way. I am not on the list! so please CC me.