[gedit-list] Multiple instances of gedit

I can run multiple instances of gedit (release 0.9.4) on my Linux box that
came from the factory with Redhat 7.1 installed.  It works just fine.

Using Linux installed from Redhat 8, however, installed by the sysadmin on
another box (not my own), only one instance of gedit will run, and its
much more difficult to keep my work organized.  I don't recall which gedit
release is installed there, but it's the default from the installation
disks.

Is this a problem with gedit itself, or is there something system-wide
that doesn't allow multiple instances of gedit to run?  How can we change
this?

Thanks,

Bryan

* Bryan Brown      <*>              bbrown radix net
* http://www.radix.net/~bbrown