Re: [gedit-list] No multiple instances? (and feat req's fornon-multiple)

Hi!

>> On the tabs there's no easy way to see if you've
>> opened the same file 13 times; it always shows "blah"
>> on the tab without an instance number. Maybe append
>> "(1)" to the name on the tabs?
>>
>This problem is partially fixed in gedit 2.2.x.
>If you move the mouse on a tab, then a tooltip with the full file name
>is shown.

I must admit I've not checked before posting, but I don't think that
is the same thing: the tooltip adresses the case of two files with the
same name but different path (typical with ChangeLog), but I think
that Bill was talking about opening the _same_ file multiple times,
eg one copy to edit and one copy as a reference.

>> Also tab sorting - when you have 30+ documents open
>> and you are using the side-scroll arrows to navigate,
>> it can get confusing.
>
>hmm... what do you mean exactly with "tab sorting"?

I don't know what he meant with tab sorting, but I would find nice the
ability to change the order of tabs dragging them, eg when you have
to switch frequently between two tabs it would be useful to be able to
rearrange the tabs in order to have the two files near.

If I said something stupid forgive me... it's 1.20 in the night ;)

ciao
	paolo