Re: [gedit-list] gedit component + plugin

Well, I think a plugin would work fine for text encryption, but I don't
know how well it would work for encrypting an arbitrary file, which
could be binary I believe, and also making a detached signature file for
text or a file. Also, seahorse has a keymanager, and that doesn't seem
to make sense to have as a plugin for gedit.
So I take it that the answer is no, gedit is not easily embedded. Can I
borrow the file io code, though? I've never programmed in c before, so
I'm having a little trouble figuring out to open and save a text file in
a text view. Where is gedit's file opening and saving code?
Also, you can take this as a feature request to create a bonobo control
for gedit.