[gedit-list] gedit component + plugin

I don't know if anyone here has used seahorse before, but I'm currently
working on 'seahorse2' which will be a gtk2 + gpgme port of seahorse.
For those who haven't used seahorse, it is a gnome gpg interface.
The main window contains a basic text editor, which right now is a
GtkTextView. What I would like to do instead is to basically have gedit
be embedded as a component so that gedit will take care of the text
editing and file opening/saving. Then for encrypting text with gnupg, I
could just right a plugin for gedit that can operate on the gedit
component, but could also work as a standalone gedit plugin.
Is this possible, how could I embed gedit this way, any suggestions?
Thanks

--
pub  1024D/57DDD9E3 2002-05-24 Jacob (Direct to Home)
<jap1 rig dyndns ws>