Re: [gedit-list] Re: Regular Expressions

Hi Carlo,

Is regular expression support already being written for the replace and/or find?

No, thery aren't.

I remember regexp being quite a controversial point; did it change?

We will not implement it in gedit 0.9.x.
But if you want you can try to give a look a the new gedit 2.0.x code. Note that the code is completely new

I think it could be implemented as a plugin
The problem is that now we use utf8 as internal format for text.
Note that now you can search text using \n and \t too

Ciao