[Geary] Something funky with search

I was starting to write a bug report about how a search for "is:starred" only catches starred items in the inbox. However, when re-testing my steps to reproduce, I realized that's not quite the case. Rather, there's something weird going on and I'm not quite sure what it is.

Steps to reproduce (geary 3.34.2):

- Star an email in your inbox
- Search for "is:starred"
    - Notice that the email appears in the search
- Archive the email
- Return to the search
    - Notice that the email no longer appears
- Click on "Archive" on the side to view the now-archived email in the archive folder
- Return to the search
    - Notice that the email appears again

Does anybody know what's going on here? It seems like there is a bug somewhere, but I'm not sure where exactly. Best gu ess is that it's related to imap syncing (email has disappeared from inbox but geary hasn't synced the archive folder yet), since I've noticed a similar thing with sent mail not appearing in the conversation view until after viewing the "sent mail" folder.

~Stephen
--
I try to write short, functional emails.