Re: [Geary] Unable to validate Exchange SMTP server

Hey Grant,

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 17:37, Grant Edwards via geary-list <geary-list gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 5:12 PM Grant Edwards <grant b edwards gmail com> wrote:

I'm trying to set up Geary 0.12.4 with Exchange server IMAP+SMTP.

Does Geary not support NTLM authentication? The SMTP server doesn't support PLAIN or LOGIN methods.

Can I configure Geary to use the normal Unix "sendmail" method of sending mail? I know that works on my system...

We don't support NTLM auth at the moment, no. You can use a local sendmail if it's listening on localhost, of course. :)

Is there any way to log the plaintext SMTP traffic?

I tried --log-deserializer --log-serializer, and that didn't seem to have any effect on SMTP debug info.

I assume that if it were a certificate problem, the IMAP connection would also have failed?

Those options are mostly for IMAP. Try `--log-network` instead. If there's an invalid cert Geary will prompt you about it.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>