Re: [Geary] Geary marking new replies to a thread as read

Hi Casey,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 2:24 AM, Casey Stone <tcstone caseystone com> wrote:
It happens when I have Geary open, possibly only when in the foreground or maybe any time, and I have a message thread selected and then the main window is showing collapsed versions of all the messages in the thread. If a new message comes in which belongs in that thread, it will be marked read immediately.

Geary should auto-mark messages as read only if a certain amount of the message body (i.e. not including sender, subject, etc) is visible in the window. Can you confirm if this only happens if the body of the new message is visible in the conversation viewer, and not if the message is off screen?

I agree this is pretty poor - as a workaround Geary should at least also be checking that the main window is focused before auto-marking messages, or even better only doing so in response to a user action.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>