Re: [Geary] "Always watch for new mail" preference: better alternatives?

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 6:12 PM, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> wrote:
I put the list back in Cc.

Oh, cheers!

I like your proposal at the bottom of the email.

Il giorno gio 4 gen 2018 alle 4:42, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> ha scritto:

Preference: Watch for new mail when closed
Tooltip: Geary will keep running after quitting or all windows are closed

Another thought: Maybe the Quit app menu item should be replaced with Close when this pref is enabled, then we don't even need to include the text "quitting or" in the tooltip.

What do people think?

Okay, in lieu of feedback from anyone else I'm going to go with this option, and remove managing autostart in favour of letting people use their existing desktop tools to do so. This will probably mean removing the "--hidden" command line option, and obviate Bug 789679 when running under Flatpak.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>