Re: [Geary] Support for building with Meson

Il giorno mar 12 dic 2017 alle 0:40, Niels De Graef <nielsdegraef gmail com> ha scritto:
Hey everyone!

This is a small announcement that Geary can now be built using Meson.

Meson has a lot of advantages and has very good integration with the GNOME stack.
From personal experience, it also tends to be quicker when building.

Just run a build from scratch and it took less than a minute on my laptop.
I think CMake took more time.

To get started on building usiing meson, you only need the following commands:

  $ meson build
  $ ninja -C build

There's no binary in build/ after this command? What if I want to use a binary without installing? (I never used meson before)

And to install it:
sudo ninja -C build install

If any issues pop up, please report them in bug 777044.

Cheers,
Niels