[Geary] conflicts between flatpack installation and installed Geary

Hi folks

I've recently downloaded Geary flatpack, in order to check some bugs on the tracker.
I had never installed an app via flatpack before.
Can you point me to an introduction to flatpak for the end user?

Some things that puzzled me:

1. When I launched it (flatpak run ...) I had to add my account from scratch. But I see that my regular geary folders were untouched. In fact I can still access them if I run Geary from the terminal.
So I wonder where flatpak app store their data...

2. Currently I have a conflict on my laptop, where I run Geary on flatpak. If I launch Geary from gnome-shell I get the flatpak configuration (which has only one account set). If I launch Geary from the terminal, I get my regular configuration (3 accounts currently).

Thanks in advance for your help
Federico