Re: [Geary] inline text from attachment is not displayed

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> wrote:
Yes, the attachment is visible. So it's not a serious issue.
A clickable icon might help, but I'd prefer the text to be displayed. There's no workaround? Can you write something like (pseudocode):

if text/html, then display html
else if text/*, then display text

Oh, well HTML was just an example - what about text/calendar, text/rtf or text/sgml? It's just hard to know unless you have white list or black lists, and these lists then need to be maintained, made user-editable, etc.

There's perhaps an argument for simply always displaying text/* parts though, in that since the author of the email added it inline, then regardless of the format it should be displayed since that was the author's intent. That works fine just so long as there aren't any popular, yet broken email clients out there that use "Content-Disposition: inline" when they actually mean something else - I'm not sure if this is the case however.

If you want to open a bug for this, I'll take a look at it. If you could include the example from your original email, that would be great.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>