Re: [Geary] inline text from attachment is not displayed

Hey Federico,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 1:05 AM, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> wrote:
I'm not sure if we've already discussed this matter.
In a mailing list I'm subscribed to there's an user who sends emails with Gnus/Emacs. Sometimes he includes some text inline, taken from an attached file. The text taken from the attachment is not visible inline.

The problem here is the content type of the second part: "text/x-lilypond". Since it isn't text/plain, I'm not sure if we can assume that it be displayed inline as plain text. For example, If Geary didn't already support text/html, it wouldn't make much sense to simply display an inline HTML part as plain text in a message.

So, two questions:

1. Does the second part at least show up as an attachment at the bottom of the message? If not, that definitely a bug. 2. Maybe when a non-displayable inline part is encountered, it should at least appear as a clickable icon at that point, rather than be placed down the bottom with the other attachments. Would that help?

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>