Re: [Geary] composer icons

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> wrote:
Hey Federico, On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 4:33 AM, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> wrote:
I've always felt that some of the composer icons are not much pretty and, more important, you cannot easily guess what they do at first glance.
With the exception of the app logo and folder icons, all of Geary's icons come from the desktop's currently selected icon theme. I'm pretty keen to keep on using the icon theme for application icons, since it means that Geary integrates better with people's desktops, the icons receive updates without any work on our part, and there's less chance the custom icons will clash with some random theme's icons in the future.

Sure, I understand

So there's maybe a few ways of solving this - lodging some bugs against which ever icon theme you're using to flag the issues with the theme developer - this would also benefit everyone using that theme and not just Geary users, look at switching your desktop's icon theme to one that better suites your taste - has Font Awesome been packaged for the XDG icon theme spec? That would be pretty... awesome ;), or see whether or not GTK supports per-app icon theme customisation - I'm not sure if it does, but it seems like it could be useful? That do you think?

I'm using the Adwaita theme (Gnome 3 default).
The icons which I dislike most are called format-indent-more-symbolic, format-indent-less-symbolic and insert-link-symbolic. In Fedora they are located in /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable/actions/.

I might try flag the issues here:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=Product%3A%22adwaita-icon-theme%22