Re: [Geary] Not able to log in a @gmail account with "Less secure apps" access disabled

On 20/03/15 18:45, Jim Nelson wrote:
I saw the blog post in [1] and got the feeling that GOA was
not going to happen, but that was probably a misinterpretation of mine.

That post wasn't meant to indicate that we were not going to do either, it
was just me grousing about the situation and proposing a solution.

What I was emphasizing was that our applications would not hard-code to one
authentication library or another, as that would preclude (or make
difficult) wide distribution of our software.

Understood. Thanks anyway for clarifying it.

I've also seen your reply about the GOA support bug in bugzilla (thanks for
that too), and replied there as well. However, it's still not clear to me
whether implementing support for GOA would be the way to fix the problem
with "less secure apps", so I'd appreciate if you had some time to reply to
that concern too, either there or in that bug.

Thanks,
Mario