Re: [Geary] UI consistency

I believe the reason for the current situation is the worry that the Archive icon is not particularly self-explanatory (and probably never will be). While the tooltip does help, my experience suggests that relying on a tooltip to explain functionality is foolish. We just went through a brouhaha on bugzilla in part because we relegated important info in the preferences dialog to a tooltip.

That's not to say we shouldn't do this, though. We're clearly relying on the user being able to figure out a lot on their own, and this wouldn't be that much of a stretch. The best thing to do would be to file a bug on bugzilla.gnome and attach your patch, so we don't lose it.

Thanks,
Robert