Re: [Geary] import / sync contacts

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> wrote:
The debian bug reports are all generated by debian server, so the From: header contains owner bugs debian org and not my address. And these bug addresses, which I almost never write to, come before a debian list I often write to and receive the email from.

Well, "almost never" counts the same as "often" to Geary -- it doesn't track frequency of use. (Arguably it should, although that would introduce another set of issues.) But you probably mean that you almost never write to that whole class of addresses, meaning you've never written to most of them. If that's the case, continue on...

I have a feeling that it is a bug.
Can you suggest a "scientific approach" to create a proper bug report? Perhaps a sqlite query to check my current rankings?

If you run a query like
select normalized_email, highest_importance
from contacttable
where normalized_email like "%debian%"
order by highest_importance desc, normalized_email asc
you should get a listing of addresses similar to what you'd get if you typed "debian" into the to: entry. (Not exactly, since we're not actually generating that list from the database, but it should be close.) If the sort order is different from what you get in a contact entry box, that's a bug. If it's the same, but the ordering feel wrong, we'll have to dig deeper. It could be that Geary mis-categorized the address at some point. Or you could be forgetting a time you sent an email to that address.

Robert