Re: [Geary] import / sync contacts

sorry, sent to the wrong address while playing with it

Il giorno mar 24 feb 2015 alle 18:17, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> ha scritto:
Il giorno mar 24 feb 2015 alle 17:35, Robert Schroll <rschroll gmail com> ha scritto:
Geary does have a scoring system, but it's based on the role a given email address plays. Highest ranked are those used in emails you've sent, then come those where you were a To: recipients, followed by those where you are a CC: or aren't listed. The full ranking can be seen in src/engine/api/geary-contact-importance.vala. If an email address appears in multiple roles, the highest one wins. The contact completion uses these rankings when sorting.

Robert, thanks for the explanation.
But I'm not convinced that it's really working for me.

Let's take an example. If I type Geary in the To: field the results are:

1. geary-list <geary-list-bounces gnome org>
2. geary yorba org
3. geary <bugzilla gnome org>
4. geary-list <geary-list gnome org>
5. geary-list-owner gnome org
6. geary-list-request gnome org

3 and 4 should be for sure the highest rated addresses.
They are the email addresses I write to and/or receive emails more often.

So if you're seeing an address to which you've never written appear higher than an address to which you have written, that's a bug. Please report it. Note, however, that Geary trusts the email headers -- if a bug tracker generates an email from your address to a bug address, Geary will treat that the same as if you had composed the email yourself.

The debian bug reports are all generated by debian server, so the From: header contains owner bugs debian org and not my address.
And these bug addresses, which I almost never write to, come before a debian list I often write to and receive the email from.

I have a feeling that it is a bug.
Can you suggest a "scientific approach" to create a proper bug report? Perhaps a sqlite query to check my current rankings?