[Geary] Alt-Tab switch from geary to other app is slow

Recently I'm experiencing a strange problem: when Geary is the application fully open on my gnome-shell view and I want to switch to another application using Alt-Tab, the switch takes a few seconds.

This doesn't occur in a consistent way, I cannot reproduce it whenever I want.
Also, I guess that some of my  system configuration might be related. I wonder if any of you noticed the same behaviour.
I'm currently using geary version 0.8.0 from debian sid.

Cheers
Federico