Re: [Geary] [External] 2 problems

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> wrote:
Il 24.07.2014 14:37 Frank Harrell ha scritto:
I really like the underlying design of geary.  In moving to it I have
hit  2 major obstacles in using 0.7.0:

1. Geary learns addresses from all my past emails and makes it easy to
 select the address with a partial match.  Most of the addresses are
in the  form of "firstname lastname <names address>" and the whole
string is  pulled in to geary in the "To:" field.  But geary senses
this an an  illegal address and the Send button is grayed out until I
delete  "firstname lastname <" and ">".  This is a major time killer.

I can't reproduce this problem.

To expand on this point: "firstname lastname <email address>" is, and should be recognized as, a valid email address. Geary properly recognizes such addresses for Federico and me, so you've managed to find a rather subtle bug. If you could report it (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=geary), it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert