[gdome]gdome and glib-2/gobject

In contrast to the recent thread on separating gdome from glib (which
seems antithetical to it's use as the GNOME DOM library . . .) I was
wondering if there were any plans or progress for porting gdome2 to the
upcoming glib-2.0, possibly going to so far as to re-implementing the
gdome2 objects as subclasses of GObject (yeah, I know it could be a lot
of work). It just seems to me that a lot could be gained from such an
approach; utilizing the already extent signal (Event) functionality,
properties, etc.

--Shahms